The Division has instituted a new fee structure for our regular (non-qualifier) weekly tournaments: $50 at the door, $25 if you register and pre-pay in advance. Our hope is that most fencers will register in advance so that we will know how many competitors are expected at any given tournament. But we recognize that, having registered, you may need to change your plans. Here is what you need to do.
1) Be aware of the preregistration deadline: generally Wednesday for non-qualifier events, but in any case as posted. You must contact us by or on that day.
2) Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or the event organizer email listed on askFRED to let us know that you need to cancel your registration before the preregistration deadline. Please be aware that some events may have a different refund policy. Please do not send email to askFRED to cancel and event or ask for a refund. They are not involved in running our tournaments and cannot process credit card refunds.
3) You have two choices regarding a refund. In your email, please let us know which option you would like to use:
- Get a partial refund by check - If you do not intend on fencing in another Division event, we will issue you a refund by check. When you contact us, please provide your mailing address.
- Use the full amount as a credit to a future event - We can use the full $25 of your payment as a credit towards another NEUSFA event (both qualifier and non-qualifier events); you don't have to specify this other event when you cancel. When you register for this other event, you don't need to pay but you do need to send an email to email@example.com.